Sunday, February 14, 2010

Off to School...

 
Even though this photo took place 5 days ago, I thought I would post it.  This day was filled with bittersweetness.  As a mother, I never felt the anxiety of sending a child off to school and missing them like crazy until they came home...until today.  Aaahhh!  We've been home-schoolers for the past 5 years and a couple weeks ago, C's friend talked him into trying out public school.  We had several lengthy conversations about the idea and in the end decided it would be a good opportunity for C, so two weeks later, we enrolled him into the public school system!  Although I was excited for C, deep inside I was also anxious and nervous.  Luckily I have been blessed with some amazing friends that called and checked on me all day long to make sure I was still breathing!  (Or at least making sure I wasn't at the school spying on C!)  In the end, C safely came home from his first day of school with a smile on his face and satisfaction in his new life.  Good for you, buddy!  May you be blessed with plenty of straight A's and good friends as you venture forward!        

No comments:

Post a Comment